Friday, August 21, 2009

Barrio Life

taken in a barrio somewhere in Cam Sur

As I mentioned in my previous post, we sort of got stuck in the middle of nowhere last Saturday in Cam Sur. This is the path that leads to the beach and the nipa hut I mentioned. Fortunately, the people in the barrio were really nice to us, they didn't mind there were these Manilenos invading their territory. There's nothing like Pinoy hospitality!

I spent half of the 3 hours of waiting watching life go by in that barrio. Life really seems so simple in the province. People were hanging out at the sari-sari stores just gossiping and laughing. Naked little kids were running off to swim at the beach with their mom right behind them. It didn't seem like there was that much to worry about. They're contented with their life and with what they have, grateful for it even. And me on the other hand, even if i'm very blessed, I still manage to find something to complain about. So step back a bit from all your complaints, all your worries and think of 5 things in your life, may it be big or small, that you are grateful for. Life IS good, if you let it be. :)

My 5 things to be grateful about:
1. good health of my family
2. my comfy bed which is soooo difficult to get out of in the mornings
3. that I have more than 1 friend I know I can count on
4. my dogs, who never fail to cheer me up
5. the chance to travel

your turn!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails